Pilot location
Brukenthal National Museum: No. 4-5 Piata Mare, Sibiu.
Short description of the facilities
Brukenthal National Museum was opened to the public in 1817. It houses 113 employees and it is visited by approximately 300,000 visitors each year. It shelters a large diversity of valuable collections in 9 buildings as detailed below.

Brukenthal Palace, a 18th century building, one of the most significat Baroque constructions in Romania. It hosts European Art Galleries. Location: No. 4-5 Piata Mare, Sibiu.

[5,821 m2 (courtyards and building).]

Blue House, a 18th century building, late Baroque style. It hosts Romanian Art Gallery and Restoration Laboratories. Location: No. 5 Piata Mare, Sibiu.

[2,275 m2 (courtyards and building).]

House on No 6 Tribunei Street, dated in 1901. It hosts a Contemporary Art Gallery.

[974 m2]

Brukenthal Library, part of Brukenthal Palace, 20th century building. Location: No. 4-5 Piata Mare, Sibiu.

[672 m2.]

Museum of Natural History, a 19th century building, Italian High Renaissance style. Location: No 1 Cetatii Street, Sibiu.

[2,772 m2 (courtyard and building).]

Museum of Pharmacy, dated in 1568, presenting Gothic and Renaissance architectural features. Location: No 26 Piata Mica, Sibiu.

[117 m2]

Museum of Hunting, a late 19th century building. Location: No 4 Scoala de Inot Street, Sibiu.

[2,456 m2 (courtyards and building).]

Altemberger House, Museum of History, which comprises 10 architectural units (13th – 17th century building) jointly structuring one of the most impressive ansembles of civic Gothic architure in Romania. Location: No 2 Mitropoliei Street, Sibiu.

[3,493 m2 (courtyards and building).]

Fresco Hall (Information Centre), a 17th century fresco.

[55 m2.]

Map of the various buildings of the MNB and pictures of two buildings